Monday, May 19, 2008

Manchester

When I picked up my camera recently and saw on my viewer lots of lovely graff pix from Manchester, I realised I haven’t blogged in a while.

We’ve been to London, Manchester and 2 art exhibs (both on the same night) in the last month, so I though I’d start with a run down of the Manchester trip as it was the most photogenic.



Lovely Matthew Williamson at the Urbis.


Tado!
--------------------------------------------------------------
We stayed in the very centrally based Travelodge, which was not bad at all for the money. When we got there, we were met by a large bunch of jazz musicians, and this was apparent by the heavy rimmed glasses, jaunty caps, and dashing little beardies. I was super curious to see who they were, and finally found out when I turned on to BBC2 last night to watch 'Later' and was greeted by Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings (the guys who helped Mark Ronson with his 'sound' - the Dap Kings have been hired for Amy's album and 'Version' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon_Jones_&_The_Dap-Kings). I screamed down the phone to my better half, who I was on the phone to at the time, those were the guys in the Travelodge! Shame to the promotor of the tour who lazily stuck them in minimal hotel splendour!
David Wilkie, what more can I say!



Inner city Manchester.



And these guys were just 'Non-Stop'




Most adorable 'big breakfast establishment'.





No comments: